Crucial MX200 SSD
More speed, capacity, and endurance.
Get more out of your storage.
When the Crucial® MX100 was released, it set a new standard for SSDs that the Crucial MX200 pushes even further. Leveraging leading specs on all fronts, along with new Dynamic Write Acceleration technology, the Crucial MX200 is loaded with innovative features and immediately increases your system’s performance.
How the Crucial MX200 Benefits You
Performance & Endurance
Boot up almost instantly. Load programs in seconds. Accelerate demanding applications with ease.
Do more. Faster. Longer.
The Crucial MX200 delivers 555 MB/s sequential reads on both compressible and incompressible data, and outperforms a typical hard drive by 400 MB/s.1 Even better, the performance doesn’t let up, as the Crucial MX200 posts an endurance rating that’s up to 5 times greater than a typical client SSD.2
Transfer and save large files in a matter of seconds.
Competing SSDs typically rely on a fixed cache of multi-level cell flash memory, which allows you to write sequential data at published specs, but only for so long. Our industry-leading Dynamic Write Acceleration technology solves this problem by using an adaptable pool of high speed, single-level cell flash memory for consistently fast performance that doesn’t let up.
Max out performance and increase reliability.
Our engineers created RAIN technology to protect your data at the component level, similar to how RAID is used with multiple hard drives. This technology increases the security and protection of your data to a level that’s rarely seen in consumer-class SSDs.
Encrypt and protect your data at the highest possible level.
Keep personal files and sensitive information secure from hackers and thieves with AES 256-bit encryption – the same grade used by banks and hospitals. The Crucial MX200 meets or exceeds all industry encryption standards, including Microsoft® eDrive, IEEE-1667, and TCG Opal 2.0.
Efficiency & Reliability
Store up to 1TB of data and achieve a higher level of reliability than a hard drive or competing SSD.
Run your system longer than ever before – using less power.
With Extreme Energy Efficiency technology, the Crucial MX200 is over 2x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive.3
Push your drive to the limit and avoid overheating.
Adaptive Thermal Protection technology enables the Crucial MX200 to dynamically adjust storage component activity based on how you’re using the drive, allowing your storage system to stay cool.
Keep your memories, photos, and files safe.
When a photo or file gets corrupted, it often becomes unusable. Prevent this from happening in the first place with the Crucial MX200, which arms every storage component with four layers of Exclusive Data Defense.
Crucial MX200 SSD specs
2.5″ (7mm) SSD
M.2 Type 2260 SSD /
|Part Number||CT250MX200SSD1||CT500MX200SSD1||CT1000MX200SSD1||CT250MX200SSD3||CT500MX200SSD3||CT250MX200SSD4 / CT250MX200SSD6||CT500MX200SSD4 / CT500MX200SSD6|
|Box Contents||2.5″ (7mm) SSD, 7mm to 9.5mm spacer, Acronis® True Image™ HD certificate||mSATA SSD, mounting screws, Acronis® True Image™ HD certificate||M.2 Type 2280 SSD / M.2 Type 2260 SSD, mounting screws, Acronis® True Image™ HD certificate|
|Sequential Read MB/s5||555||555||555||555||555||555||555|
|Sequential Write MB/s5||500||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Random Read IOPS5||100k||100k||100k||100k||100k||100k||100k|
|Random Write IOPS5||87k||87k||87k||87k||87k||87k||87k|
|Dynamic Write Acceleration||not required||not required|
Micron® quality – a higher level of reliability.
As a brand of Micron, one of the largest flash storage manufacturers in the world, the Crucial MX200 is backed by the same quality and innovation that has produced some of the world’s most advanced memory and storage technologies. With over a thousand hours of prerelease validation testing and hundreds of SSD qualification tests, the Crucial MX200 has been thoroughly tried, tested, and proven. Make the switch to the Crucial MX200 SSD and start getting more out of your storage.
Note: 1GB equals 1 billion bytes. The 1TB version of this drive has a storage capacity of 1000GB and meets terabyte-class standards, which refer to drives that store between 960GB and 1024GB of data. Actual useable capacity may vary.
- Performance comparison based on published sequential read specs of the 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD and the 1TB Western Digital® Caviar Blue™ WD10EZEX internal hard drive, which is one of today’s best-selling hard drives and an accurate reflection of a common internal hard drive (as of September 2014).
- The published endurance rating (TBW) of the 1TB Crucial MX200 SSD is 5 times greater than the average published endurance rating of three leading mainstream client SSDs (September 2014): 1TB Samsung® 840 EVO, 480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro® II, and 480GB Intel® 530 SSD.
- Hard drive active average power use comparison based on published specs of the 1TB Crucial MX200 SSD and the 1TB Western Digital® Caviar Blue™ WD10EZEX internal hard drive, which is one of today’s best-selling hard drives and an accurate reflection of a common internal hard drive (as of September 2014).
- Some of the storage capacity is used for formatting and other purposes and is not available for data storage. 1GB equals 1 billion bytes. Actual usable capacity may vary.
- Typical I/O performance numbers as measured using IOMeter® with a queue depth of 32 and write cache enabled. Fresh out-of-box (FOB) state is assumed. For performance measurement purposes, the SSD may be restored to FOB state using the secure erase command. System variations will affect measured results.